In this short video I will show you how to uninstall a WordPress plugin. There are many different ways to uninstall plugins, however in this video I show you the most common way. It’s simple and will work for you 95% of the time.
What happens if you install and activate a WordPress plugin and then at some point decide that it just isn’t what you want? Don’t worry — you aren’t stuck forever with a plugin that you don’t want. WordPress lets you be fickle and finicky in your plugin choices!
How to uninstall a WordPress plugin:
- To uninstall a plugin from your WordPress blog, follow these steps:
- Click the Installed Plugins link on the Plugins menu.
- The Plugins page opens.
- Locate the plugin you want to uninstall.
- Click the Deactivate link below the plugin title.
- The Plugins page refreshes, and the plugin now appears as deactivated (or inactive).
- Click the Delete link that now appears below the plugin title.
- The Delete Plugin page opens, and a confirmation message displays asking you whether you’re sure you want to delete this plugin.
- Click the Yes, Delete These Files button.
- The Plugins page refreshes, and the plugin you just deleted is gone from the lists of plugins, with a message displayed at the top confirming the deletion of the plugin.
If you have any trouble at all. Use the comment area to ask for help.